RE: analyze after adding a nullable column

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:19:06 +0200

and also, for recosting (and space estimates) for hash join operations. Check an 10053 trace to see the difference

It depends on the datatype and length, if you add a CHAR (not an VARCHAR) or some other fixed length types (size), and depending also of the number of rows in the table, the plans would be need to be reevaluated, if the average row length got significantly higher (mainly for recosting FTS)

I'm assuming you are not yet using the new column as filter predicate in the queries, am I right?

alvaro

Hi everybody:

Do I need to reanalyze the table if I add a nullable column and do not populate it with values (oracle 10.2.0.3)?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 15:19:06 CDT