endian and cooked to raw conversion for TTS

From: David Taft <oradbt054_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:28:32 -0400

Transportable Tablespace
Source: Oracle 10gR2, Windows XP
Target: Oracle 10gR2, AIX 5L (5.3)
Does anyone know if it is possible to do the endian conversion and the conversion from a cooked datafile to raw in one step as follows?

CONVERT TABLESPACE sdo_data TO PLATFORM 'AIX-Based Systems (64-bit)' db_file_name_convert='/home/oracle/datafile/sdo_data01.dbf ', '/dev/ra0027da001';

Normally I would think it would be a two step process, the endian conversion followed by a dd to convert a cooked file to raw. One of my co-workers thinks RMAN will do it without clobbering any header info in the raw device. I searched, but couldn't find any info where this has been done. I found examples of raw from one platform to raw on another, but dd was used.

Thanks,

David