Re: the state of bugs in Oracle

From: <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:55:59 +0800

On Thu Sep 27 16:05 , "Charles Schultz" sent:

>Those comments that speak to Oracle's QA strike a chord. For the second time in a row, I just had a bug backport request denied because it did not have enough priority.

Welcome to my private dba hell. I lost count of the "backport" requests I've had denied in the last 7 years. I use the quotes advisedly.

> I understand that Oracle DEV is swamped and they cannot work on everything.

Perhaps if they stopped working on useless bells and whistles no one asked for or will use for years to come and actually fixed some of the existing bugs in the existing releases, they'd be less swamped?

> This is not a smear campaign, nor a rally against Oracle.

That is indeed the problem, isn't it? Every single time any voice comes up to point out the obvious, it gets swamped by the "smear campaign" chorus...