RE: cluvfy -verbose not very verbal

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:32:04 -0400

You should turn on CVU tracing and look at the trace output. Its not very pretty nor concise, but it's the only option I can think of..... Check the CVU FAQ on Metalink for turning on tracing- I think its setting up a few environment variables.

What stumps me is 'user equivalence check' failing- and I can never figure out exactly what test is being performed and what failed.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ethan Post Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:17 PM To: oracle-l
Subject: cluvfy -verbose not very verbal

 $ cluvfy comp nodecon -n foo, foo1 -verbose

Verifying node connectivity

Verification of node connectivity was unsuccessful on all the nodes.

I can ssh from both nodes to foo, foo1, foo-priv and foo1-priv without being prompted by anything. So I expect the above to work, but it says there was a failure, thank goodness for verbose mode or I probably wouldn't even know that!

Any ideas on what to do to trouble shoot this?

Thanks,
Ethan