Listener.log not been updated

From: Steeve Bisson <bisst_at_touchtunes.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:19:31 -0400

I am on Linux x86 OEL4 using Oracle 10.2.0.3.

My listener.log is not been updated since the 30 May.

cd /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/log [oracle_at_juk-prod log]$ ll
total 4203424
-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 4294967428 May 30 21:49 listener.log

If I do status in lsnrctl:
Listener Parameter File
/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/admin/listener.ora Listener Log File
/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/log/listener.log

Everything else seems fine. I connect to the database with no problem. Any idea why the listener would stop writing log?

To solve the problem, I did the following in lsnrctl: SET LOG_FILE list.log

Now I get information in list.log
[oracle_at_juk-prod log]$ ll
total 4222736
-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 4294967428 May 30 21:49 listener.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 511462 Sep 16 19:41 list.log

Any idea why it would stop logging info once the log was at 4gig? I have 32GIG datafile on that machine.
Is there a thresholds where oracle stop to log, so it is possible to vi the log?
Anyone has documentation on this? Or a link on that subject?

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION
This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation. DOCUMENT CONFIDENTIEL
Le présent courriel et tout fichier joint à celui-ci peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou privilégiés. Si cet envoi ne s'adresse pas à vous ou si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, vous devez l'effacer. Vous ne pouvez conserver, distribuer, communiquer ou utiliser les renseignements qu'il contient. Nous vous prions de nous signaler l'erreur par courriel. Merci de votre collaboration.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 25 2007 - 20:19:31 CDT