Re: Truncating SYS owned tables

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:29:29 +0800

Stefan,

Thanks for the Note ID.

Yes, the issue of "how do we audit deletes of SYS.AUD$" had always been a concern.
I didn't notice that this has been addressed in 10.2

Hemant
At 03:55 PM Sunday, Stefan Knecht wrote:
>On 10.2 Oracle also changed the way dml against aud$ internally works.
>
>It is no longer possible to delete from aud$ using any other user
>than SYS. The only thing you'll get is MORE rows in aud$, not less,
>if you try running a delete connected as another user.
>
>See metalink Note 388169.1
>
>Stefan

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html