DBA tasks by experience

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:31:20 -0500

List,

Does anyone have a list of common DBA tasks, rated by DBA experience required?
I'm assuming sites with several DBAs probably have a method for taking on a non-DBA, getting them some training, then giving them tasks of increasing criticality and skill.

   Do you start new people by having them adminster test and development databases?
Perform routine tasks and then work up to more challenging tasks? Specifically, I'm looking to make a list I can provide to management. Also, if you have a list of training for a new DBA, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you,

Dennis Williams