Re: materialized view creation is hanging

From: David Aldridge <david_at_david-aldridge.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

I'd be running a sql trace for the MV creation to see if it reveals what statement (possibly recursive) is the last. Maybe there's a locking issue.

Prasad <p4cldba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
  All,

I am trying to create a materialized view on 10.2.0.3 db on solaris . and it is just sitting there doing nothing . but when I try to run the query it executes very fast. I tried to search metalink and google on it but didnt find any clue . I have also done the stats for all the underlying table .

would appreciate any suggestions.

regards
-Prasad

--