Re: Quick question for UK-based DBAs about UKOUG Conf.

From: Stephen Booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:24:44 +0100

On 21/09/2007, Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just curious how "big" the conference is, usually? Chances are my
> employer will foot the bill, but they'll ask some questions like "who
> else is going?". Any one been before, and know how many delegates
> generally turn up?

Generally a couple of thousand delegates, hundreds of talks and a pretty big exhibition.

I've been going for the last few years, I tend to take annual leave to attend, like Niall said the main issue is often having to choose between 4 concurrent talks.

The only complaint I have is that over the years I've been attending (I think 2003 was the first one I attended) the exhibition seems to have swung away from technology vendors (my particular area of interest) towards Apps integration/migration companies and outsource DBA companies. I guess that's just the way the market is swinging, it's not like UKOUG can control what businesses want to exhibit.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenboothuk