Re: SQL*Plus Client on Windows

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:27:33 +0100

dead right. A good reason, in my book anyway, for using 10g sqlplus. Similarly there may well be some advantages in using 11g sqlplus for it's advantages. sqlplus being one of the few areas where you can get new features in old releases.

11g for example promises 'select blob_column from tab', error logging to name but two.

Niall

On 9/10/07, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/8/07, Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee> wrote:
> > Here's my i.sql which I use both for identifying where I'm logged on
> before
> > doing any changes to database, plus it is called through login.sql. The
> > window title change happens on the last line:
> >

> There is one small problem with that approach:
>
> If you use 'connect' within sqlplus, and sqlplus is < 10g your title will
> not change, and you may become confused as to which system you are really
> on.
>
> One way around that is to use a wrapper for connect.
>
> Another way is to never use 'connect' from the command line,
> just exit and restart sqlplus with the new connection.
>
> --
> Jared Still

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA