Re: Oracle not Available for RDA in RAC environment....

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:36:44 +0200

as a first check, have you set correctly your shell environment variables?

oracle_at_xxx@yyy: ~
-bash-3.00 $ export ORACLE_SID=test <== sid does not exist

oracle_at_xxx@yyy: ~
-bash-3.00 $ sqlplus goran/goran

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Wed Aug 22 16:19:15 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

DIANNA GIBBS wrote:

We've been having AIX, disk and cluster issues all week. I'm today trying to run an RDA
in both of our RAC environments.

kronp2 is our primary oracle instance on kronprod2 and I can run the RDA from that node with no issues. When I try to run it from our secondary node, kronprod1 (instance kronp1), I get this error.

Processing Initialization module ...
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
 The database to be analyzed (kronp2) does not appear to be accessible.

The application is having periodic issues connecting as well. I can connect to both from my oracle client
fine.

I've looked at all the log files I can find and see nothing - any ideas?

TIA.
Dianna G.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 22 2007 - 09:36:44 CDT