RE: 10RAC and the network interfaces

From: Herring Dave - dherri <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:58:22 -0500

What's wrong with Oracle's doc: Oracle® Database Oracle Clusterware and Oracle Real Application Clusters Installation Guide

It lists instructions step-by-step for installation.

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization 630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

From: [] On Behalf Of Murtuja Khokhar Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:04 AM
To:; Sanjay Mishra; Subject: RE: 10RAC and the network interfaces

I am going to install Oracle 10g RAC (standard Edition) on Solaris 10 (sparc 64bit).I am using Oracle Clustware only.I need step by step document for this installation.I have gone through Oracle documents and many others.I have failed many times in this installation so I need some good document.

"Lange, Kevin" <> wrote: Sorry guys for the lack of info.

Installing 10g RAC on a Solaris 9 platform.

I finally did find the note on the VIPCA bug when it comes to internal IP addresses versus external IP addresses.

I think that was most of my problem.

I will update this post if I get all the way thru the process.

Thanks for the link below.

From: Sanjay Mishra [] Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 5:19 PM
To: Lange, Kevin; Subject: Re: 10RAC and the network interfaces Kevin

What is your platform on which you are installing RAC like Linux or Solaris or AIX..

Also Please Note that there is bug for Vipca due to some IP address and so we have to manually run VIPCA in such cases.

I was looking for some Oracle 11g RAC Documentation and got the following link from one of my friend. This Linklook like has covered a lots of good reference for 11g RAC itself which is released only yesterday. Most of the part covered in this link also applied to 10g RAC except the slides will vary.

Good Luck

"Lange, Kevin" <> wrote: Evening all;
Can anyone help me with a REAL good reference on exactly what makes a good Public, Private, and Virtual interface on a 10g Rac installation ?

I am sitting here trying to do an install and am always failing when VIPCA tries to configure my virtual interface.

I am also sitting here with an open TAR with oracle and seems to be going No Where.

Help , please , if you can.

I would love to see Definative Documentation on what the hell makes good interfaces and how to configure them.

Thank you.

Building a website is a piece of cake.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.