RE: 10RAC and the network interfaces

From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 04:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am going to install Oracle 10g RAC (standard Edition) on Solaris 10 (sparc 64bit).I am using Oracle Clustware only.I need step by step document for this installation.I have gone through Oracle documents and many others.I have failed many times in this installation so I need some good document.

"Lange, Kevin" <KLange_at_ppoone.com> wrote: Sorry guys for the lack of info.

  Installing 10g RAC on a Solaris 9 platform.

  I finally did find the note on the VIPCA bug when it comes to internal IP addresses versus external IP addresses.

  I think that was most of my problem.

  I will update this post if I get all the way thru the process.

  Thanks for the link below.

  Kevin

  From: Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 5:19 PM
To: Lange, Kevin; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: 10RAC and the network interfaces

  Kevin

  What is your platform on which you are installing RAC like Linux or Solaris or AIX..

  Also Please Note that there is bug for Vipca due to some IP address and so we have to manually run VIPCA in such cases.

  I was looking for some Oracle 11g RAC Documentation and got the following link from one of my friend. This Linklook like has covered a lots of good reference for 11g RAC itself which is released only yesterday. Most of the part covered in this link also applied to 10g RAC except the slides will vary.

  http://www.datasoftech.com/library.html

  Good Luck
  Sanjay

"Lange, Kevin" <KLange_at_ppoone.com> wrote:   Evening all;
Can anyone help me with a REAL good reference on exactly what makes a good Public, Private, and Virtual interface on a 10g Rac installation ?

I am sitting here trying to do an install and am always failing when VIPCA tries to configure my virtual interface.

I am also sitting here with an open TAR with oracle and seems to be going No Where.

Help , please , if you can.

I would love to see Definative Documentation on what the hell makes good interfaces and how to configure them.

Thank you.

Kevin

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 21 2007 - 06:03:50 CDT