Sun T2000 performance numbers

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:47:32 -0700

In the past few weeks I've been asked a number of times if the Sun T2000 is a viable Oracle database host. I've not had an opportunity to use this host so I'm reaching out to the user community for information. I'm most interested in controlled real-world workload test numbers and a direct comparison to another comparable host in which the exact test was run. If you have synthetic tests/results based on a lab workload I may be interested but a real-world workload is most desirable.

The specifics of the information collected will not be published/shared anywhere (though I may post a generic summary). If you would rather reply to me directly vs. to the list feel free to. I have no agenda to prove/disprove the viability of the T2000 as an Oracle host but rather want to get some real-world quantifiable data points. Please include the details of the hardware/software configuration and a description of the workload and how the test was run, as well as a summary of measured key metrics.

--

Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org