Re: Standard Edition standby database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:37:38 -0600

> I've got an SE standby database up and running and scripts shipping the
> archivelogs and appying them automatically. (Thanks, Tim G.) My latest
> problem is actually doing a manual switch. I'm getting the following
> errors:

ORA-16014: log 1 sequence# 127 not archived, no available destinations ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/u05/oradata/dbatst/redo01.log'

I've been researching Metalink, but haven't found an answer yet. Apparently, a few people who have SE solved the problem, but they didn't post the solution in the thread. Since the posts are a couple of years old, I don't know that I'll get a response back from the emails I sent out. Everything I've read so far in the docs assumes you're EE, not SE.

Does anyone on this list have a solution they would be willing to share?

Sandy