Re: Standard Edition standby database

From: Neil Overend <neiloverend_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:14:13 +0100

We run RHEL4, Standard Edition 9.2.0.8 with standby. I beleive that managed recovery is a Data Guard feature which is only available with Enterprise Edition.

We log switch every 2 hours and ftp files from primary to standby (which satisfies our SLA). We manually recover as it's handy to be able to recover to a specific time (within 2 hours) and open read only and look at the data. Handy when users complain that the system has changed their data, with that and a bit of auditing we can usually point out why the user is wrong.