Re: oracle streams

From: Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:56:14 -0400

  1. With 10.2.0.3 the entire setup should be relatively usable. We were doing Streams replication (downstream) on 10.2.0.2 HP-UX mining approx. 60GB redo per hour. We had some glitches but generally it worked.
  2. The metalink is the best place to look. We hit some bugs on 10.2.0.2 (like Streams crashing while mining content from the compressed table) but since your are on 10.2.0.3 that can be irrelevant to you. I advise you take a look at Note:406673.1. I saw this on Solaris 10.2.0.3 (and it wasn't slow as note says - it took forever :)
  3. Well, that's the "easy" one. Advanced replication is no longer developed. Streams is a way to go as long as you are concerning about future product developments and enchantments. You can do downstream capture without putting any (besides log transmission) load on source system.
  4. Define activities.

--
Alex Fatkulin, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alexf/