Anyone working with AIX GPFS and RAC

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

I had one production database around 1 Tb and it is Non-RAC instance. I am creating new 2-node RAC environment on Aix 5.3 using GPFS for Database storage. Both Existing and new GPFS storage is on same SAN. I had never worked with GPFS which I think might not be different from regular file system except that it is shared.

  Now in order to reduce the production downtime, I had to move existing Non-RAC database to RAC instance and I really appreciate if somebody can verify if the following approach is feasible and allowed or any other option/approach

  I am thinking to create Physcial Standby on new RAC instance and   During Final Production deployment, I will activate the Standby after applying all required changes from production and then use reconfig to change the single instance to RAC with storage as GPFS

  Thanks
  Sanjay

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 11:17:26 CDT