Re: TOAD Access to other Schemas

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:18:05 -0700

On 6/28/07, Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

> Oh don't get me wrong, I still revere LCD (Least Common Denominator)
> tools.
> They are vital for scripting or critical emergencies where other tools
> don't
> or can't work. However, for day-to-day activities as well as PL/SQL
> development, I can be more productive with a fancy-pants GUI. And I just
> happen to think that Toad does a better job of that then anyone else.
>
> <flamewar>
> And, of course, I'm right.
> </flamewar>

Hey, no problem if it works for you.

Off and on I work with SQL Developer.

It is a great tool, and I really like it for browsing schemas.

For many day to day tasks however sqlplus and vi are second nature.

It's difficult to change a productive habit when it works so well. And for some things, I don't want to change. :)

--
Jared Still