Re: Missing datafiles

From: Kanwar Plaha <kanwar.plaha_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:04:35 +1000

Hi Jordan,
Thanks for your reply. You are right. However, I do have the original datafiles on disk. Its just that the first time they were not included in the controlfle. I cannot do it right now but will this work:

Suppose I recreate the controlfile, this time with the missing files Then, when it asks for an archivelog to apply for recovery (since there are new files now), I can use the existing redo log to recover. I have done this in the past in a slightly different situation where I had to recreate the controlfile when some files were missed out. It works.

Maybe I will give it a go. In the meanwhile, if you have another hunch, do let me know.

Thanks,
Kanwar