Missing datafiles

From: Kanwar Plaha <kanwar.plaha_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:36:21 +1000

Hi,
A database was copied from another one and the controlfile to create it missed out couple of datafiles. The database now has missing datafiles listed in it. Also, the fact that some datafiles are missing was not known until a few days when some changes to the database have taken place.
My question is if its possible to 'restore' the database now? I can see the missing datafiles on disk although with an older timestamp than the ones that are online. The database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode. However I checked v$log and found that since database build, no log switch has happened yet. Does this means shutting the database down and recreating the controlfile with the missing datafiles can bring the database to a consistent state? Can it use the current redo log for recovery, if required?

This is rather urgent, although not critical since its not a production environment.

Thank you,
Kanwar