Re: Which Oracle Edition am I running

From: Neil Overend <neiloverend_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:58:11 +0100

The disk array with the database data files died completeley (disk failure and stripe corrpution). I have installed Oracle 8170 on a new box and have recovered a copy of the database from a backup. So from a business point of view we're up and running again. The ORACLE_HOME directory was still accessible so I copied all the files off to my PC hoping that I could find some file that would give me a definite answer as to which version it was. The server guys have now stripped the box and are rebuilding it so I have nothing other than the ORACLE_HOME files I copied off. (So the Registry is gone as well)