Re: Sql Developer

From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:31:04 -0400

What a user can browse is more a reflection on the privileges you've given the user than insight into a tool's capabilities. In the case you've described, any user that can logon as Scott will be able to browse the same objects. What the tool is doing for you is shining some light on the privileges the Scott account has been granted. I would think that in a development setting this would be a good thing as many of the system objects should be helpful in the building of your applications. In production the privileges should be limited to what is needed.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein