Re: "resmgr:method mem alloc latch" latch

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 21:24:30 -0400

Connor,

I recall that in 9.2.0.5 we had to set "system_plan" in order to be able to coalesce (for online building logical standby). Otherwise, resource manager is not enabled. Perhaps, later 9i releases have different behavior.
Btw, enabling resource manager did cause issues for very active instances but it was a different latch. Can't recall it from the top of my head.

Alex

On 6/7/07, Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a guess here -
>
> Some versions of 9 used to default the resource manager plan to
> "system_plan" or something like that, so you had resource manager enabled by
> default even if you didn't want it.
>
> hth
> Connor

Best regards,