Re: dataguard in RESYNCHRONIZATION

From: Oracle <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:31:23 -0400

On Jun 4, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Amit Kumar wrote:

> I am testing dataguard on RHEL4 linux, oracle 10.2.0.3. I am able to
> build the environment and perform failover/switchover operations via
> dgmgrl while in MAXPROTECTION mode, but when I try to upgrade to
> MAXAVALABILITY mode the protection_level is stuck at
> "RESYNCHRONIZATION".
"RESYNCHRONIZATION" means you have a gap in applied archive logs. Run this on your primary:

SELECT LOCAL.THREAD#, LOCAL.SEQUENCE#
FROM (SELECT THREAD#, SEQUENCE#

       FROM V$ARCHIVED_LOG
       WHERE DEST_ID=1) LOCAL

WHERE LOCAL.SEQUENCE# NOT IN
   (SELECT SEQUENCE# FROM V$ARCHIVED_LOG     WHERE DEST_ID=2 AND THREAD# = LOCAL.THREAD#); Copy the missing logs to the standby and manually resolve the gap.

I do not know how to resolve the issue if you have already deleted the logs on the primary. Someone else on the list may have some ideas.

thanks
jason