dataguard in RESYNCHRONIZATION

From: Amit Kumar <amit718_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:17:47 -0400

hello gurus..

I am testing dataguard on RHEL4 linux, oracle 10.2.0.3. I am able to build the environment and perform failover/switchover operations via dgmgrl while in MAXPROTECTION mode, but when I try to upgrade to MAXAVALABILITY mode the protection_level is stuck at "RESYNCHRONIZATION". I followed the Oracle documentation carefully and got this to work one time but on my 2nd try I am getting this errors.

SQL> SELECT PROTECTION_MODE, PROTECTION_LEVEL FROM V$DATABASE; PROTECTION_MODE PROTECTION_LEVEL

MAXIMUM AVAILABILITY RESYNCHRONIZATION dgmgrl shows this output for statusreport:

WARNING ORA-16817: unsynchronized Fast-Start Failover configuration

I searched the oracle-l archives, google and metalink but cannot find what this resynchronization means or what I have done. wrong.

rgds, Amit Sharma
amit718_at_gmail.com