Re: Certification

From: Stephen Booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:25:09 +0100

On 30/05/07, David Lord <dlordster_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. I've been a DBA for 10 years but have only recently got OCP.
> I mainly work on 9i, so it helped me enormously to get to grips with
> the new features in 10g. Okay, I could have taken a new features
> course, but I don't think I would have learnt nearly as much falling
> asleep at the back of a 5 day course as I did in the two months of
> swatting that I did for the exams.

Maybe I'm bweing picky but what you both seem to really be saying is that it was the studying for the OCP that was useful, not the OCP itself. If Oracle just published each year a list of topics (possibly along with links to online tutorials and reference texts) saying something like "We think this is what a DBA should know.", maybe include some 'Test you knowledge' quizes, wouldn't that be as useful?

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenboothuk