Re: DataGuard failover/switchover questions

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 23:34:02 +0300

Dear Mr. Oracle,

IMHO: With that modest email address I would expect you give me answers. I bet you would get answers to your questions quicker if try to send those question from email like noviceoracledba_at_pleasehelpme.net

It doesn't cost to tray, does it? ;)
Just my 0.02$,
Jurijs

PS Sorry wasn't able to resist from send this email :-)

On 5/26/07, Oracle <oracle_at_digistar.com> wrote:

> I'm testing dataguard and it works well, however I can't figure out
> how clients are connecting to the database after a switchover (or
> failover)? I can issue a switchover and everything works fine but if
> I select host_name from v$instance it returns the name of the old
> primary... so clients apparently continue to connect to the old
> primary but the primary is in managed standby recovery...
>
> Any help/explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yury
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)
http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html