DataGuard failover/switchover questions

From: Oracle <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:26:19 -0400

I'm testing dataguard and it works well, however I can't figure out how clients are connecting to the database after a switchover (or failover)? I can issue a switchover and everything works fine but if I select host_name from v$instance it returns the name of the old primary... so clients apparently continue to connect to the old primary but the primary is in managed standby recovery...

Any help/explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks