Re: dba_extents and dba_segments

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:55:12 -0500

According to Oracle's rep this is a bug in oracle 10.2.0.2 (4771762) which is supposedly fixed in 10.2.0.3

Thank you all for your help

Gene Gurevich
rations - OMO
224-405-4079

             genegurevich_at_disc
             overfinancial.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f         tim_at_evdbt.com,
             reelists.org              oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                        cc
                                       "Allen, Brandon"
             05/10/2007 09:49          <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
                                       Re: dba_extents and dba_segments

             Please respond to
             genegurevich_at_disc
             overfinancial.com

Tim, Ric, Brandon, Niall, rjamya:

Thank you for your help

I have searched the metalink (should have done it before posting) and found the bug 4771672 0 differences in dba_extents and dba_segments after parallel create index (my indices are all parallelized):

 If an index is created in parallel, the number of extents is reported

 differently on DBA_EXTENTS and DBA_SEGMENTS.

 This is happening only for larger indexes.

According to this document there is no workaround. The version in the document is 10.1.0.1. My database is 10.2.0.2 I need to check whether this is supposed to be fixed in 10.2.0.X

Thank you all again

thank you

Gene Gurevich

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 18 2007 - 10:55:12 CDT