Re: dba_extents and dba_segments

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:49:09 -0500

Tim, Ric, Brandon, Niall, rjamya:

Thank you for your help

I have searched the metalink (should have done it before posting) and found the bug 4771672 0 differences in dba_extents and dba_segments after parallel create index (my indices are all parallelized):

 If an index is created in parallel, the number of extents is reported

 differently on DBA_EXTENTS and DBA_SEGMENTS.

 This is happening only for larger indexes.

According to this document there is no workaround. The version in the document is 10.1.0.1. My database is 10.2.0.2 I need to check whether this is supposed to be fixed in 10.2.0.X

Thank you all again

thank you

Gene Gurevich