Data Guard question.

From: JOHNSTON, WAYNE <wjohnsto_at_fccj.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:09:19 -0400

I am new to Data Guard and am hoping to get some help on the following.

I am investigating the use of Data Guard to keep a DR site database current with a production database (last archive log applied). I have identified the parameters needed to do this, but want to be sure that there is no automatic failover to this DR site if the primary database becomes unavailable. I do not intend to set up any 'failover' in the Oracle Net configuration. Is there anything built into Data Guard that could cause an automatic 'failover' if the primary database is unavailable?

Thanks for any help on this.

Wayne Johnston
Adabas Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator
FCCJ: 904-997-2907
CELL: 904-607-1889 No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile. Article 9. United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, December 10, 1948