Re: Voting disk TIE

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:22:38 +0200

Mark

Do you mean the total failure part?

Try it in a two node configuration, unplug the cable from lower node interconnect wait for 3 minutes and everything will be down. The reason is simple since the lower node will always survive Clusterware is forcing a node which has lost interconnect to survive, since the lower node does not have an interconnect Cache Fusion Fails, instance fails complaining about it.

I have tested it over 20 times, I was puzzled at the beginning, I opened a SR to Support and they say that is how it works and I can file en ER if I want.

Now, if you say you will use another network for Cache Fusion then it might work but then again Oracle recommends single network for Cache Fusion and Clusterware Network Heartbeat.

Alex