RE: ASM and Data guard??

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:30:16 -0600

Of course, ignore my previously wrong use of the word Principle vs. principal in my Sig... which is now corrected due to someone with eyes sharper than mine. :-)

mmmmmmmm.... crow do taste good.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Paul Drake Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:10 AM
To: mccdba1_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On 5/2/07, dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Recentlt I have interview and two questions I may need
> your opinion on it.
>
> 1. what is difference between ASm and hardware RAID?
> Pro/con.
>
> 2. What is major difference on Physical standby and
> logical standby on 10G data guard?
>
> Thanks.

The differences are:

  1. Their respective documentation resides in separate files
  2. Their documentation resides in the same file

Start here. I'll be quite interested to read what you discover. http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/standby. htm

I have to admit that I believe that you've posted an unbelievable lazy question.
If Mladen were on the list I would just wait for his reply.

Paul