RE: Veritas backups

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:15:50 -0600

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/index.jsp

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:55 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Veritas backups

Need a contact for Veritas backups.

We currently backup our 9.2.0.8 production database (RHEL4 on Dell server) to disk. We then use Veritas 6.x (latest patch level) to do an OS backup of the RMAN disk backups to tape. We are having difficulty getting Veritas to write to more than one tape at a time with these OS backups. Is this even possible?

My SA says HELP! I'd like to put him in contact directly with someone and get out of the loop since I don't know Veritas.

Sandy

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.