Re:AIX 5.2 - JFS2 - CIO/DIO

From: leandro <leandro_at_uol.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:02:03 -0300

Patty, our installation holds more than 20 installations with AIX 5.2, 5.3 and Oracle 9.x and 10.x with CIO mounted jfs2 filesystems, no particular problems found.

DIO did not perform well as CIO, at least at our tests.

Keep in mind that only tablespace filesystems must be mounted with CIO, no $ORACLE_HOME or executable allowed.

Also ask your administrators to format redolog filesystems with 512bytes blocks.

There are some white papers about the topic, I quickly found this one http://www-941.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/download/attachments/5570/Oracle_on_AIX_WebinarFeb2007.pdf?version=1 maybe it helps you on another parameters.

Regards. Leandro.

      De: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    Para: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
   Fecha: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 9:08:18 -0400