Re: AIX 5.2 - JFS2 - CIO/DIO

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:02:13 -0400

Patty,

We run Oracle 10.2.0.2 on AIX 5.2 (JFS2). The only problem we had was with backups. We still use old unix scripts (not rman). The doc says that if filesystemio_options is set to setall, you don't need to mount the filesystems with the CIO option (oracle will open the files in cio mode). But if you don't mount the filesystems with the CIO option, you can't copy the database files (you get an error). So you do the mount with CIO and everything is back to normal.

HTH Louis
At 09:08 2007-04-25, Patty.Charlebois_at_greenshield.ca wrote:
>We are currently in the process of moving our filesystems from JFS
>to JFS2 and will soon be migrating out databases from 9.2.0.7 to 10.2.0.3.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with AIX 5.2 - JFS2 and
>recommendations for mounting the filesystems and using CIO/DIO with
>Oracle 10.2?
>
>I would especially appreciate any information on problems and/or
>bugs encountered and whether or not you use FS caching.
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Patty
>

>Green Shield Canada - Celebrating 50 years.

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435