MF Cobol 4.0 and Oracle 10g

From: Kumar, Arvind IN GGN SISL <arvind.kumar2_at_siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:44:43 +0530

Hi All,

      We are planning to upgrade oracle 9i R2 to 10g. our application is in java/Micro focus cobol Netexpress 4.0. In a test environment (win2k) I installed oracle 10g and imported the data from production DB (oracle 9i) and tried to connect running the application. Our application fails to connect database with ora-1017, I have checked the username and password used by application and that's correct , from sqlplus am able to connect to new 10g DB.

     Queries -

             is Micro Focus Cobol Net Express 4.0 compatible with oracle 10g ? or do need to apply any patches or upgrade of Micro Focus Cobol 4.0 to connect 10g DB.

Thanks in advance

Arvind Kumar