RE: MF Cobol 4.0 and Oracle 10g

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:27:41 +1000

I guess it is since Peoplesoft Peopletools 8.48, latest version is using Server Express 4.0 and that is certified by PS to 10G 10.2.0.3

I suggest a sqlnet trace to confirm what you think you are seeing is really happening. you may have more than one username and password connecting. Do you use an app server like Tuxedo with this to run the cobol

Cheers

Peter

From: Kumar, Arvind IN GGN SISL [mailto:arvind.kumar2_at_siemens.com] Sent: Monday, 23 April 2007 04:15 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: MF Cobol 4.0 and Oracle 10g

Hi All,

      We are planning to upgrade oracle 9i R2 to 10g. our application is in java/Micro focus cobol Netexpress 4.0. In a test environment (win2k) I installed oracle 10g and imported the data from production DB (oracle 9i) and tried to connect running the application. Our application fails to connect database with ora-1017, I have checked the username and password used by application and that's correct , from sqlplus am able to connect to new 10g DB.

     Queries -

             is Micro Focus Cobol Net Express 4.0 compatible with oracle 10g ? or do need to apply any patches or upgrade of Micro Focus Cobol 4.0 to connect 10g DB.

Thanks in advance

Arvind Kumar