RMAN backups hanging

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:30:11 -0400

We switched from local to another domain and therefore switched our sqlnet.authentication=NTS to NONE and our backups began failing due to insufficient privileges and continued to fail for several days. I have switched back to sqlnet.authentication=NTS and the backup now begins to run but then appears to just hang at channel ORA_DISK_1: starting piece 1 at 14-APR-07. No other errors are reported, it just hangs there. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?

Starting backup at 14-APR-07
allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1

channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=69 devtype=DISK
channel ORA_DISK_1: starting full datafile backupset
channel ORA_DISK_1: specifying datafile(s) in backupset
input datafile fno=00010 name=G:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\PDDATA.DBF
input datafile fno=00002 name=H:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\UNDOTBS2.ORA input datafile fno=00007 name=H:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\SYSTEMP01.DBF channel ORA_DISK_1: starting piece 1 at 14-APR-07

Mortgage rates near historic lows. Refinance $200,000 loan for as low as $771/month*