Oracle vs sybase

From: David Moss <David.Moss_at_fdmgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:41:16 +0100

Hi all,

I have just started a new contract and our installation is largely sybase with some oracle servers knocking about.

Today I was talking to one of my coworkers and we got into the 'it should work, its like that in oracle' discussion, so I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good Oracle VS Sybase reference on the net I could check out? I tried google but it came up with (mostly) query syntax comparisions... I'm especially interested on transaction mechanisms and locking.

Kind Regards,

David.

This message is from FDM Group Plc, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender. This email is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. FDM Group Plc is a private limited company registered in England (Reg. No. 2542980).

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk