RE: Shared Server

From: Nick Yonko <nyonko_at_pdx.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:57:28 -0700

I decided to eyeball my 'hosts' file and found two entries in there for the same FQDN of the host my Oracle database resides on for different IP addresses. I reverted my local_listener parameter back to the 'default' and I was able to establish shared server connections after removing those entries from my hosts file. It seems like Oracle needs to translate the 'localhost' to a 'real' FQDN out of the LOCAL_LISTENER parameter and get an IP address before it can do what it needs to do. Has anyone had any experience with this issue in their environment? Laying aside the fact that I idiotically screwed up my hosts file, is there any truly THOROUGH technical documentation on the internal details of how the dispatcher functions and executes its tasks?

Nick Yonko
Information Systems Director

PSU Foundation

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=PO+Box+243&csz=Portland%2C+O
R+97207-0243&country=us> PO Box 243
Portland, OR 97207-0243

 <mailto:nyonko_at_pdx.edu> nyonko_at_pdx.edu

tel:

<http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=503+725+4909&Email=n
yonko_at_pdx.edu> 503 725 4909

<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=25770301752&v0=988073&k0=536507592&src=clien
t_sig_212_1_card_join&invite=1> Always have my latest info

 <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig> Want a signature like this?