Solaris 10 - 10g - auto startup and shutdown with ASM

From: S. Anthony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:07:38 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I have a Solaris 10 machine with 10.2.0.3 installed (it was 10.2.0.1).

$ uname -a
SunOS stort 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Apr 6 08:45:11 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

Automatic startup and shutdown does not work. I have an on SR with Oracle Support, which originated on 23 Oct 2006. We did get the automatic startup working, but not the shutdown.

I was asked to upgrade to 10.2.0.3, which was supposed to solve the problem, however, it has brought me back to square 1, no auto startup, and no auto shutdown. Orcale Support seem to be dragging their feet on this matter, I get the feeling that they do not have the solution.

Anyone have a similar installation which works? Or any pointers where I can do my own research to crack this?

As an aside, I'm getting grief from the anti Unix fanatics in the office who point at Windows and tell me "it just works", but what the heck eh.

Cheers
--

Tony

--