Re: Further adventures in the world of RAC - Part 1

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:09:53 -0500 (CDT)

Yes. Doing a dd on the OCR destroys the CRS installation. However most of the times, we just re-install the CRS than debugging what went wrong as re-install is faster than looing the pile of trace files. So just wipe out the CRS install, DD the OCR,voting and ASM disks, include the verify the ASMLIB and see the disks are seen in both the location (as per my earlier mail), include the modified ASM_DISKSTRING parameter in the ASM init.ora file and you are good to go.

-Gopal

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#gopalakrishnan

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007222729X/

But if I do that won't it destroy my CRS installation?

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu