RE: impdp import schema very slow ????

From: Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:06:10 -0500

Try ...statistics=none

Then analyze after the import.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of dba1 mcc Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:47 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: impdp import schema very slow ????

We have ORACLE 10.2.0.2 on LINUX server. I saw ORACLE document say "expdp/IMPDP" performance a lot better than "exp/imp".

I have been tried expdp/impdp schema and found "impdp" performace very slow (at least two to three times long than "imp"). When we do "impdp" it will stay on "Processing object type
SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS" for 20 -30 minutes.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

The fish are biting.
Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 14:06:10 CDT