Re: Active/Active Site A/Site B using SRDF

From: John Darrah <darrah.john_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:58:36 -0600

I believe the term people like to use for the active / active SAN replication is stretch cluster. They have pretty ridged distance limitations (20km comes to mind), require a fat pipe and a network glitch will bring both sites down to avoid a split brain situation. Someone feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong on this. Look into Oracle data guard, it has features that can do a lot of what you are looking to implement. There are products that can give you HA at your load balancers *BIG-IP
Global Traffic Manager for one.*