10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

From: Carlson, Todd <tcarlson_at_tripos.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:14:45 -0500

Hey Guys,

I am doing a RAC install on an x86_64 RH4 box. We are using 10.2.0.1 and raw devices. The SAN is a MSA 1500. The issue that I am having is during the Cluster install. The installer is complaining that all nodes can't see the raw device location that I point it to for the OCR. I can dd from all nodes to the device. Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone know what test Oracle is using to determine connectivity? Are there any other options that I should try before creating an SR?

hostName = grid0.hprsn.com
INFO: Query Returned: grid0
INFO: Calling Query fileQueries10.1.0.2.0 exists

filename = /dev/sda2/
INFO: Query Returned: true
INFO: Calling Query ClusterQueries10.2.0.1.0 IsItDir

PathName = /dev/sda2/
INFO: Query Returned: false
INFO: Calling Query cfsprereqQueries10.2.0.1.0 isOHonCFS

oraclehome = /dev/sda2/

nodeList = grid0,grid1,grid2,grid3,

localNode = grid0.hprsn.com
INFO:
Query Exception: RuntimeException
Query Exception Class: class oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilQueryException INFO: false
INFO: Calling Query ClusterQueries10.2.0.1.0 IsItRaw

PathName = /dev/sda2/
INFO: Query Returned: OPENFAILONDEV
SEVERE: The location /dev/sda2/, entered for the Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR) is not shared across all the nodes in the cluster. Specify a shared raw partition or cluster file system file that is visible by the same name on all nodes of the cluster.

Thanks!

Todd