RE: 10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:42:48 -0700

Oops...forgot to copy the list...

-----Original Message-----

From: Kevin Closson
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:31 AM
To: 'tcarlson_at_tripos.com'
Subject: RE: 10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

Hey Guys,

I am doing a RAC install on an x86_64 RH4 box. We are using 10.2.0.1 and raw devices. The SAN is a MSA 1500. The issue that I am having is during the Cluster install. The installer is complaining that all nodes can't see the raw device location that I point it to for the OCR. I can dd from all nodes to the device.

...it does a pretty primitive check for "access" generically speaking. Are the permissions the same on all nodes (and correct IAW the docs)? Ive seen the problem before...wrong permissions on the OCR and you get this generic failure.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 15:42:48 CDT