Re: RMAN recovery from tape with automatic channels

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:09:35 -0700

On 3/22/07, Alex zeng <junk4trash_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Robert. Try to list backup.
>
> I notice that there are many configuration in your "show all" refer to
> DISK
The settings with DISK are irrelevant.

If you read the rest of the thread you will see that the restore from tape is successful if the channel is set explicitly.

To satisfy your curiousity:

RMAN> list backup of database summary;

List of Backups

Key TY LV S Device Type Completion Time #Pieces #Copies Compressed Tag ------- -- -- - ----------- --------------- ------- ------- ---------- --- 1 B 0 A SBT_TAPE 21-MAR-07 1 1 NO TAG20070321T170803