Standby databases and batch loads

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:21:14 -0500

Hi everybody:

This is something that seems to be straightforward enough , but still. If I have a database with several large tables which are loaded daily in append mode (Oracle 10G),
can we setup a standby database? Based on what I know from the oracle 7 version (that's the last
standby database I handled), the standby database is based on reading the archived logfiles
and applying them to the standby DB. If I do loads in append mode, which do not create any
logfiles, it seems to mean that standby database is not even an option in my scenario. Am I correct
or am I missing something here?

thank you

Gene Gurevich